A Meaningful, Last-Minute Gift that Arrives on Time
International Justice Mission Canada's new online gift catalogue sends a meaningful, last-minute gift just in time for the holidays.
LONDON, ON, Dec. 18, 2018 /CNW/ - International Justice Mission Canada's new online gift catalogue is the solution consumers may be looking for this holiday season. With many parcels and cards delayed in the post, gift-givers can give a present that is both meaningful and arrives on time by making a donation to a charity in honour of someone they care about.
Every year, North Americans spend money on gifts that don't mean much to their recipients. For example:
- Of all the money spent on gifts around Christmas, approximately 20% is spent on things that the recipients don't value.
- Canadians return approximately $46B worth of goods every year, and most of it won't even end up back on store shelves.
- According to one American statistic, 18% of gifts are never used by the person who receives them and 4% are immediately thrown into the trash.
Giving a gift to a charity in someone's honour could take the wastefulness out of unwanted gifts.
"It can be difficult to buy gifts for that person on your list who has everything," says Glenn Waterman, IJM Canada's Vice-President of Development and Marketing. "Giving a gift that will help lift someone out of slavery, for example, and honouring someone special to you could solve that problem: you get to give a meaningful gift and support a charity you care about."
International Justice Mission Canada's new online gift catalogue is filled with meaningful gifts for gift-givers still scrambling to buy presents for everyone on their list.
- $30 provides immediate aftercare for girls rescued from sex trafficking.
- $135 funds one day of investigations to help stop the cybersex trafficking of children.
- $1460 helps a widow start a small business, helping her family get back on their feet after violent abuse
Each IJM Canada gift catalogue purchase includes the option to send a beautifully designed e-card to the recipient.
What makes a great gift this holiday season? Watch the video.
About International Justice Mission Canada
International Justice Mission Canada is part of a global organization that protects the poor from violence throughout the developing world. IJM partners with local authorities to rescue victims of violence, bring criminals to justice, restore survivors, and strengthen justice systems. Learn more at IJM.ca
For further information: Petra Kooman, International Justice Mission Canada | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Phone: 519-679-5030 x 229